Slightly sailing related things...
This year has gotten off o a very slow start on the water, with not much sailing yet. Let's hope that starts improving very soon.
Lately, there's been a lot of what I'd call "peripheral sailing activity", including
- ordering several hundred dollars worth of boat parts to do maintenance on Carol Anne's boat,
- watching sailing at Tempe Town Lake,
- joining the Arizona yacht club,
- attending Nick Hayes' "Saving Sailing" presentation,
- towing a small sailboat to Arizona,
- towing a different sailboat to New Mexico,
-starting arrangements to move another boat soon,
- paying summer slip fees for Heron Lake,
- attending a New Mexico Sailing Club meeting,
- bring Gerald swaging and riveting tools and a cordless drill so he could work on boats,
- salvaging clear plastic windows and battens from an old sail to be used to repair a better sail, and
- learning that Gerald has been invited to crew in a NOOD regatta and helping him get air tickets.
Let's see, that covers just about everything except for .... sailing.
Knew I was missing something!