Sunday, January 09, 2011

Update

The holidays passed quickly and now it's time to move on to other projects. Gerald and Scratch cat have returned to Arizona to prepare for the new term and presumably next weekend's Leukemia Cup and Birthday Regatta in Arizona and Carol Anne has prepared for the new semester's classes that begin in just over a week. Today I will be packing for a trip to south Texas but unfortunately may be traveling south along with some chilly weather and may not have time to linger along the coast.

Just for fun, I've been looking at real estate prices in the Tempe area with the idea of getting a place where Gerald could stay and we could when we visit. It might be interesting to see what's the best place available in Tempe, southern Scottsdale, western Mesa, of the eastern fringe of Phoenix (85281-4, 85257, 85201-2-10, 85008, 85042-44 etc.) Sadly for people in the Phoenix-Tempe area, the Valley of the Sun has far too many bank-owned and short-sale properties as a reflection of economic hard times.

As for boat news, that's likely to pick up in about a month.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, January 11, 2011, Blogger Carol Anne said...

I'm not sure where you got the idea that my classes were starting "in just over a week." At the time you wrote this post, "tomorrow" would have been a much more accurate assessment. Classes started yesterday ... remember why I couldn't go to the Valley with you?

 
At 11:55 AM, January 14, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

I have browsed your website a few times and I really enjoy your posts. I grew up in the Northeast section of Albuquerque, so I can relate to many of the topics you post about.

I was curious if you accept any advertising or text links on your blog. I represent Boating.com, an online site for new and used boat sales, as well as boating and sailing products. I would love to sponsor your site with a short text ad for Boating.com.

Please contact me via email should there be an opportunity available.

Thank you,

Chuck
chippsterr@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home