Friday, March 26, 2010

Final Journey

Family members and friends joined us Friday in sending my father to his final rest.

The service my dad had requested was a simple graveside rite, but it was graced by an honor guard from a local American Legion post, which presented the flag and gave a gun salute. That was followed by the religious service, during which I gave one of the readings.

Before the funeral our family had arrived very early. Gerald and I helped carry the coffin with my father's body from the hearse to the gravesite. After the ceremony, some family members visited family grave sites in the cemetery.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, April 06, 2010, Blogger Pandabonium said...

I am sorry for your loss. Thanks to your father for his service to our country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home