Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sailboat launching with a big trailer extension, part 3: messing around with the mast

As dusk approaches, the crew races to get the rigging completed so the boat can be moved away from the mast raising pole and launched.





This photos give a bit of the flavor of the work that was done to step and rig the mast on the Hunter 34, Windependent. Crew members spent all day getting the boat ready to go in the water, and only just made it in time before night fell completely.


1 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, April 06, 2011, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi -- I really hope you can help me. I am possibly moving to El Paso in the coming years and have a Beneteau F285 that I would like to put on Elephant Butte lake. I have no trailer. What yard service and marina did you use to launch Windependent? Thanks in advance,
Mark Swart
Suffolk VA
mark_swart@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home