Monday, September 28, 2009

West Texas Mountain Scenery

Some parts of Texas are flat. Others aren't. Just a bit more than two weeks ago, on Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009, I drove more than six hundred miles, traveling west from Kerrville to El Paso, Texas, and on northward to Truth or Consequences and Elephant Butte, New Mexico. These snapshots were taken from about fifty miles west of Fort Stockton, Texas, looking to the south.


More mountain and steppe scenery in west Texas.

I-10/I-20 interstate highway junction between Fort Stockton and Van Horn, in west Texas.

View through the windshield, westbound over Transmountain Road in El Paso, Texas.

During most of my drive, I was roughly paralleling the course of the Rio Grande, upon which I mused in the post, Baja y Alta, un Rio, dos Republicas, dos Culturas, dos Capitulos de Vida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home