Sunday, July 19, 2009

minor update

This summer has presented frustrations, one of which has been a lack of sailing time. Some unfortunate interruptions, including a family illness, meant that, until this weekend, I'd not sailed since June 1st, the day after the Race to the Elephant at Elephant Butte Lake.

In the meantime, I'd been by the lakes a couple of times and had kayaked several miles at Heron Lake in northern New Mexico, been a passenger on a speedboat at Brantley Lake in southern NM, peeked at a couple of lakes in south and central Texas, and watched people sailing in Corpus Christi Bay, Texas. But, I'd not sailed. Not once.

This weekend though was a bit better; Saturday's winds were quite steady (for a mountain desert lake, running from 7 to 12 knots), and Carol Anne and I spent most of the afternoon with "Zorro" on "Constellation", his International Etchells. It was a great sail, though the spinnaker reaches gave me a workout, and we sailed until the evening light began to fade.

During the weekend I also visited with some state parks rangers on behalf of the Rio Grande Sailing Club and ran various errands.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home